|Name ||Phone||Term Ends|
|Melanie Dexter ||(802) 442-4038 ext. 2||2 year term exp. in 2018|
Fax: (802) 442-0955
Phone:(802) 442-4038 ext. 2
Services provided at the Treasurer's Office
- COLLECTION OF PROPERTY TAX BILLS
- Payable in person at the Treasurer's Office in Cole Hall or by mail to:
PO Box 178
Shaftsbury, VT 05262
- COLLECTION OF WATER BILLS
- Payable in person at the Treasurer's Office or by mail at the above address.
- NOTARY SERVICES
- No fee for this service to Shaftsbury residents.
The town treasurer plays a vital role in the management of the finances of the town. He or she is responsible for keeping the town's accounts, investing money received by the town (with approval of the selectboard), keeping a record of taxes and other monies received and paying orders from officials authorized by law to draw orders on town accounts. The treasurer must work with the auditors to settle town accounts prior to the annual meeting, the auditors are often called upon to provide the selectboard with information about town finances.