Welcome to the Town of Shaftsbury, Vermont
Garage and Zoning Bylaws
GARAGE: Shaftsbury is on track to build the garage
- Taxes will not go up; already in budget as reserve
- We have saved more than 20% for the down payment
- New location is near current transfer station
- Includes a new transfer station facility (not a building)
- Includes demolition and disposals of houses we bought on North Road
- Gets highway operations out of our Village Center and away from our school kids
- correct various inconsistencies
- clarify the language
- align with changes in State statutes
- clarify the Sign Ordinance regarding lighted signs
- add a user guide explaining the permit process
- Bylaws Changes
- Shaftsbury Land Use Regulations SB Final 20170130
- Appendix B - Sign Ordinance SB Final 20170130
- View Proposed Renderings
- Click here to use the online mapping program.
ZONING: In 2016, the Shaftsbury Planning Commission with the Bennington County Regional Commission undertook to rewrite our zoning bylaws in order to:
Other significant changes are outlined in the Bylaws Changes link below.
Easy Ways to File Your Vermont Income Tax & Claims
Click the link below for helpful tips on how to file your Vermont Income Tax and Claims.