Welcome to the Town of Shaftsbury, Vermont
Garage and Zoning Bylaws Informational Meeting
- When: Monday, February 27, 2017
- Time: 7:00 PM
- Place: Cole Hall
GARAGE: Shaftsbury is on track to build the garage in 2017:
- Taxes will not go up; already in budget as reserve
- We have saved more than 20% for the down payment
- New location is near current transfer station
- Includes a new transfer station facility (not a building)
- Includes demolition and disposals of houses we bought on North Road
- Gets highway operations out of our Village Center and away from our school kids
- correct various inconsistencies
- clarify the language
- align with changes in State statutes
- clarify the Sign Ordinance regarding lighted signs
- add a user guide explaining the permit process
- Bylaws Changes
- Shaftsbury Land Use Regulations SB Final 20170130
- Appendix B - Sign Ordinance SB Final 20170130
- View Proposed Renderings
- Click here to use the online mapping program.
ZONING: In 2016, the Shaftsbury Planning Commission with the Bennington County Regional Commission undertook to rewrite our zoning bylaws in order to:
Other significant changes are outlined in the Bylaws Changes link below.
Annual Meeting Warning
Shaftsbury residents, qualified to vote at the Annual Town Meeting, are hereby notified and warned to meet at the Shaftsbury Elementary School on Monday, March 6, 2017, at 7:30 PM to transact the business specified below. Upon completion of such business, the Meeting will stand adjourned until Tuesday, March 7, 2017, from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM when voting by Australian ballot will commence at the Buck Hill Road Fire House for the election of town officers and consideration of ballot articles.
Shaftsbury residents may register to vote at the Town Clerk’s Office, 61 Buck Hill Road, Shaftsbury VT or by going online to olvr.sec.state.vt.us. Residents registering on Election Day must do so only at the polling place of their physical residence.