Town of Shaftsbury Transfer Station
- Tuesday - 7:00am - 12:00pm
- Thursday - 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Saturday - 7:00am - 4:00pm
Closed on: Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Holiday Schedule 2016
- President's Day Weekend Sat. Feb 13th CLOSED
- Memorial Day Weekend Sat. May 28th CLOSED
- Independence Day Sat. July 2nd - OPEN
- Labor Day Mon. Sept. 3rd CLOSED
- Columbus Day Weekend Sat. Oct. 3rd CLOSED
- Thanksgiving Day Thurs. Nov 24th CLOSED
- Christmas Day Sat. Dec. 24th CLOSED
Solid Waste Sticker Information
Access Permit Information
On July 1st of each year, new access permits are required to use the Transfer Station. New permits cost $20.00.
Attach sticker inside the front windshield, lower right side, where it is clearly visible. If you are using a different vehicle to haul waste to the Solid Waste Facility, use the permit receipt to gain access. Display the receipt on the dashboard where it can easily be seen. Return all permit stickers prior to the sale of a vehicle and we will supply a replacement.
Pay-as-you-throw (PAYT) Sticker Information Residents disposing of residential municipal solid waste (MSW) or "Trash" must place the appropriate number of stickers on each trash bag and show them to the Town Attendant. Pay-as-you-throw (PAYT) stickers cost $1.00 per sticker and the rate schedule is as follows:
Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) Rate Schedule
- 12 pounds or less $1.00 (1 sticker)
- 13 to 24 pounds $2.00 (2 stickers)
- 25 to 36 pounds $3.00 (3 stickers)
- 37 to 48 pounds $4.00 (4 stickers) etc.
- View the complete Rate Schedule.
You can purchase pay-as-you-throw (PAYT) stickers at the following locations.
- Town Administrator's Office at Cole Hall (Town Offices)
- Solid Waste Facility
If you have any questions regarding the Solid Waste Facility operations, please contact the Town Administrator's office at (802) 442-4043 or Selectboard members.