Town of Shaftsbury Transfer Station
- Tuesday - 7:00am - 12:00pm
- Thursday - 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Saturday - 7:00am - 4:00pm
Closed on: Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Holiday Schedule 2017
- July 4th Closed
- Labor Day Weekend September 2nd Saturday OPEN
- Thanksgiving - Closed
- Christmas - Closed
- New Year's Day Open
Solid Waste Sticker Information
Access Permit Information
On July 1st of each year, new access permits are required to use the Transfer Station. New permits cost $20.00.
Attach sticker inside the front windshield, lower right side, where it is clearly visible. If you are using a different vehicle to haul waste to the Solid Waste Facility, use the permit receipt to gain access. Display the receipt on the dashboard where it can easily be seen. Return all permit stickers prior to the sale of a vehicle and we will supply a replacement.
Pay-as-you-throw (PAYT) Sticker Information Residents disposing of residential municipal solid waste (MSW) or "Trash" must place the appropriate number of stickers on each trash bag and show them to the Town Attendant. Pay-as-you-throw (PAYT) stickers cost $1.00 per sticker and the rate schedule is as follows:
Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) Rate Schedule
- 12 pounds or less $1.00 (1 sticker)
- 13 to 24 pounds $2.00 (2 stickers)
- 25 to 36 pounds $3.00 (3 stickers)
- 37 to 48 pounds $4.00 (4 stickers) etc.
- View the complete Rate Schedule.
You can purchase pay-as-you-throw (PAYT) stickers at the following locations.
- Town Administrator's Office at Cole Hall (Town Offices)
- Solid Waste Facility
If you have any questions regarding the Solid Waste Facility operations, please contact the Town Administrator's office at (802) 442-4043 or Selectboard members.